Select a letter to find an ailment & hopefully a remedy.
Symptoms of eczema
- Primarily a dry skin with ongoing / recurring skin rashes.
- Redness or rashes.
- Itching. Scratching open a healing lesion may result in scarring and can enlarge the rash.
- Dry skin causing crusting, flaking or cracking.
- Blistering, oozing or bleeding.
- Areas of temporary skin discoloration or scarring.
- Edema (swelling).
Eczema (atopic dermatitis, dermatitis, skin inflammation) refers to a range of persistent inflammatory conditions of the epidermis (the outer layer of the skin). The Greek word eczema means “to boil over”.
It is a modern degenerative disease that is affecting an increasing number of people, particularly in the last 50 years. About one in every nine people will suffer from eczema at some time in their lives.
It can occur at any age, but most cases seem to present in infancy, or among females during their reproductive years (15-49).
Eczema is more likely to be found on the flexor aspect of joints, in contrast to psoriasis which is usually on the extensor areas of skin. Psoriasis can also affect other parts of the body in addition to the skin.
Suggested Annique Products
And by the way